The unprecedented high case recorded over the past week is creating a catastrophic situation for Malaysia. It should be mitigated immediately with unprecedented measures and serious action plan.
The Ministry of Health’s proposed solution for a total lockdown in critical red zones in the country especially in state of Selangor & Kuala Lumpur where enormous high cases are being recorded should be immediately implemented by the Government.
The total lockdown should prevent all activities from being carried out except for the critical essential economy activities, to break the chain infection of Covid-19. The newer variants from Africa, Brazil and India are more contagious and spiraling faster than the original virus and being spread uncontrollably quicker in the ecosystem. We need to confine people to their homes and encourage the public to practice a self-regulated lockdown by adhering to the SOP more stricter.
The immense and mammoth impact will be faced by the business community especially the micro-businesses as well as the Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) as a consequences of this total lockdown situation. A sustainable, proactive and inclusive economy stimulus packages for business community should be rolled out by the Government immediately.
KLSICCI proposes the recommended action plans and measures the Government should take with immediate effect:
1. To 𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙫𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙎𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙤𝙧, 𝙆𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙖 𝙇𝙪𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙧 and other states where the numbers of cases are recorded unprecedentedly high. The concentration should be 100% Selangor and Kuala Lumpur. The cases are spiraling high in these two states.
2. To freeze all the statutory payables of employers to 𝙎𝙊𝘾𝙎𝙊, 𝙆𝙒𝙎𝙋, 𝙃𝙍𝘿 𝘾𝙤𝙧𝙥 and other government statutory bodies. In addition to that the submission of tax and audited accounts filing thorough 𝙇𝙃𝘿𝙉 and 𝙎𝙎𝙈/𝙍𝙊𝘾 should be extended till 31st of December 2021.
3. To continue the 𝙬𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙮 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙢 for all employers regardless of the nature of their business by subsidizing up to 50% of the basic salary of the employees for those who are earning below RM3000.00 monthly salary.
4. To introduce 𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙛 𝙛𝙪𝙣𝙙 for micro-businesses & SMEs by subsiding up to 50% of the rentals for the premises that are rented by SMEs from landlord and also to allow 3 months moratorium on loan installments for business premises owned by SMEs.
5. To introduce 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙪𝙢 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙥𝙖𝙮𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 incurred by business owners especially on water, electricity, sewerage, internet and other related utilities.
6. To re-introduce 3 𝙩𝙤 6 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙪𝙢 𝙤𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 for micro businesses and SMEs for the financing that was obtained from government & private financial Institutions.
7. To 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙊𝙋 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙤𝙖𝙙 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙨 to avoid the public from going out unnecessarily for non-essential purposes. In addition to that the government should make it sterner the MCO Order so that more offenders will be penalized to create strict awareness to the people from breaking the law.
8. To only allow essential businesses like restaurants, groceries, supermarkets and other essential households in full lockdown areas to operate from 8.00am to 2.00pm only.
9. To make 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚 (𝙒𝙁𝙃) 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 where possible during the full lockdown period. All office related works shall be electronically & digitally operated by work from home concept.
No nation in the world will be able to control Covid-19 by increasing beds, oxygen, ventilators & ICU wards. This is a temporary, impossible and very expensive solution!
If healthcare infrastructure was the answer, then developed western countries wouldn’t have had that many cases and that many fatalities.
The long lasting, inexpensive and quirkiest solution is social distancing, wearing masks and maintaining high level of hygiene to stop the transmission.
Remember, hospitals are not built to stop road accidents; these can only be stopped by careful driving.
𝗜𝘁’𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗰.
LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published